By John Foll, written 8/21/2017 to 9/06/2017.
© Copyright 2017 John Foll
This is an introduction to a series on precious truth that we want to present. We want to help you love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and soul. Matthew 22:38. We want to share with you the good news that God really loves you, even if you don’t love Him back. We want you to not be afraid of Him. There is no reason for anyone to be afraid of God, if they would allow Him to work in their life and would cooperate with Him. He will make this easy for you, if you will just let Him do it for you and find out how much He loves you! But even if someone will not let Him do this for them, there is no reason to believe that He will treat them unfairly. God is not like that. He is kind, loving and merciful, and gives people time to get to know Him and make their choice of where they want to go in life.
We think you will get much comfort and peace when you find out how much God loves you, and everyone who has ever lived or who will ever live, and how fair He is. To use common vernacular, ‘God has been given a bad rap.’ The enemy of our souls has stacked the deck against God with his falsehoods and half-truths, or so he thinks. But he can only deceive the unwary and those who want to be deceived or those whom he can blind to the truth or poison with his malignancy. Many people seek religion or seek to obey God out of guilt or fear, rather than out of true love and devotion to Him; this should not be. It’s a place to start, but all need to get beyond this in their relationship with God. He should be your dearest friend! This is what we have been striving to do, to tell all who will listen how much God loves them, so that they can fall in love with Him! Our enemy is trying to make people so disgusted with all of it that they abandon their belief in God, and some have no religion whatsoever but hedonism. And others try to make it too easy to be saved and never be lost, because they don’t like the consequences. (They preach a religion without the need of continued repentance or without the need of carrying a cross or making changes or sacrifices.) And others yet live under a burden of guilt, never knowing if they are good enough to be saved, and are worried about what lies ahead of them. And others still are just blind to the direction of their life and the consequences of their actions, and some think that they are “good enough;” that everything will be all right in the end, without making sure that they are walking in the path that God wants them to go. But never fear! Where sin abounds, God’s grace abounds even more! Romans 5:20. You don’t have to stay stuck in going the wrong direction, be misled by wrong beliefs, or stay under a deep load of guilt or fear anymore, because God has made provision for your salvation! He knows just what you need and has a plan to save you, if you will let Him. So have faith and take encouragement! If you continue to seek for the truth with a desire to please Him, He will reveal it to you and it will all make sense! Then you will have no fear of the future, because God will be your guiding light.
* If you don’t understand or follow all of the points in this article, or don’t agree, please keep praying about it, and keep reading our other articles in our other blogs, and keep reading the other articles on this subject here that we hope to publish when we can, to see more evidence and more truth, before drawing your conclusions against the merit of what we are presenting. If you keep humbling yourself before God, and keep seeking after Him with all of your heart, He will give you the Holy Spirit, who will guide you into all truth. John 16:13. Then you will know if what we are presenting here is ‘the Gospel truth’ or not.
Can you find anyone so loving, kind and fair as God? Can you find anyone else who is always just and righteous and able to deal out justice when needed? Still don’t believe this? Keep reading! God sometimes deals out part of the justice when an offender is still alive, and other times it is kept in reserve for the judgement day. He balances justice with mercy, and is patient and longsuffering with erring humanity. Take a moment to think about your God: What do you believe about Him? Do you believe that He loves you? Do you know personally that He loves you? Or are you afraid of Him? Or have you made your peace with Him? We are hoping that you will make your peace with Him and fall in love with Him, if you haven’t already, and that you will desire to serve Him, asking Him for all the help you need to be faithful to Him and the gifts you need to serve Him with. Not there yet? Hang in there, and keep praying and studying your Bible, our Love of God blog, our Faith Blog, and our books, until you are there all the way, by the grace of God. Amen.
Please keep an open mind about this topic until more articles on it are posted. This is a complex subject to deal with, because of long held beliefs by many and the bias that many have against anything but what they have been taught, and even possible Bible translation biases. It is important to do a thorough study, to gain a full understanding and understand the context of the various Bible passages that may seem contrary to the truth. It requires much careful study to get to the bottom of this and much prayer, but we will not deal with these contrary texts in this blog article. The truth will be known by all true seekers of truth, who desire the power from God to be like Him. We want to start with what is easy to understand and is clear before we proceed to deal with these other texts that appear to be against what we are presenting.
In this article you are now reading, we want to introduce you more fully to the concept of the Love of God. This has ever been our goal, for the readers of our Books on the Love of God, and blogs about His love, and on Faith, and how to please God. We want everyone to ‘get it’, and for as many people as possible to fall in love with God, and give themselves completely to Him and be filled with the Holy Spirit, and have great peace, love, joy, faith, hope and eternal happiness! If you are still convinced that the way you have been taught is correct after reading this article, you are free to believe as you will. If you are still afraid of God after this, it’s your decision. But we hope that your soul craves the love, joy and peace that God is greatly desiring to give you and don’t take it for granted! After we have finished publishing articles on this, and the Love of God, and you still don’t believe, we will have discharged our duty to you, to tell you how much God loves you (even if you don’t love Him back). We don’t know how anyone could turn their back on such love, but we suspect that many people really don’t know how much He loves them. How could they? If they don’t know the truth about Him and believe certain falsehoods about Him, how can they know true love, peace, joy and happiness?
Is God loving, kind, fair and perfectly just towards unrepentant sinners?
Does God treat those who fail to repent unfairly? Or does God only love those who love Him back? If someone you know gets caught up in sin and fails to repent before they die, or don’t want to be saved and go to Heaven, do you believe that they will suffer forever for it?
Why do you want to be good? Why do you want to go to Heaven? Is it because you are afraid? Or is it because you long for the peace, forgiveness, love, hope and joy and a better life that God wants to give you? In this study we want you to discover the wonderful truth that you really have a choice how you live, of whether you will accept God’s offer of eternal life or not. We want you to learn the truth that God will treat everyone fairly, even if they turn their back on Him and never repent. We hope this doesn’t happen; but God is fair either way. The outcome of your life is your choice: life or death. Jesus said, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” John 10:10 NASB. It’s your choice, therefore choose life. God treats all with kindness and fairness, much more than they deserve, whether they choose life or not; we will show this in this article.
While you are pondering your answer to the above questions…
Consider these wonderful passages and promises showing God’s great kindness and mercy towards His created beings whom He loves:
1) “This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. The LORD'S lovingkindnesses [or mercy] indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. ‘The LORD is my portion,’ says my soul, ‘Therefore I have hope in Him.’ The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him.” Lamentations 3:21-25 NASB.
2) “O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; my soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips will praise You.” Psalm 63:1-3 NASB.
3) “O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good: for His mercy endureth for ever.” Psalm 136:1 KJV.
4) “The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness. He will not always strive with us, nor will He keep His anger forever. He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.” Psalms 103:8-10 NASB.
5) “Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting.” Psalm 118:29 NASB.
6) “Then Moses said, ‘I pray You, show me Your glory!’ And He [God] said, ‘I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion.’” Exodus 33:18-19 NASB. The King James Version has the last part of this as “‘and [I] will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.’”
7) “’Come now, and let us reason together,’ Says the LORD, ‘though your sins are as scarlet, they will be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool.” Isaiah 1:18-20 NASB.
8) “For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” John 3:16-18 KJV.
9) “Say to them, 'As I live!' declares the Lord GOD, 'I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways! Why then will you die, O house of Israel?'” Ezekiel 33:11 NASB.
10) “Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass: Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God. He is the Rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He.” Deuteronomy 32:1-4. KJV.
11) “And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.” Revelation 15:3-4 KJV.
(To Be Continued!)
#Love #Fair #Fairness #Unfair #God #Comfort #Peace #Just #Fear #Afraid #Merciful #Kind #Forever #Precious #Truth #Suffer #Punish #Eternal #Die #BadRap